Pool Noodle Fidget Toys
Pool Noodle Fidget Toys are an easy DIY project you can make for, or with, your kids. They are cheaper than fidget spinners, squishies and other fidget toys, and you can mass produce them with relative ease. I’ve worked with kids for years, and for many of those years I was in charge of games with a large group of students. Ever since that time, I’ve kept a box of pool noodles in my basement, because you never know when you’re going to need them! (FYI, you can get a box fairly cheap after summer is over). A standard pool noodle can be used to create 42 fidget toys. Here’s all you need to know:
63 inches – 42 stress relievers
Items Need For Project
- Pool Noodles
- Scissors or a Knife
- Mark off sections of approximately 1 1/2 inches (about 3.8 cm) each using a ruler and a pencil.
- Cut the pool noodles using the scissors or a knife (we’ve found that a serrated bread knife works really well.
How to Use Pool Noodle Fidget Toys
- First, don’t worry about imperfections. You can see above that they don’t all turn out perfect. They still work.
- Squeeze pool noodle whenever you feel stressed, afraid, worried or other intense emotions or just want to fidget.
- Think about the motion of your hand squeezing the pool noodle and releasing. Watch as the pool noodle scrunches up then goes back to its original form.
- Repeat as needed. 🙂
For more awesome resources for learning about and dealing with emotions, please visit our Hope 4 Hurting Kids Emotions Help Center.