Emotion Stress Balloons
Stress Balloons are a unique homemade alternative to the traditional stress ball that you can make with a child while talking to them about what is causing the stress in their lives. The instructions below use flour to fill the balloons. Use can also use rice, small beans or sand. These stress balloons can be a valuable soothing tool in a child’s Coping Tool Box.
What You Need to Make Stress Balloons
- A package of balloons.
- Flour (2/3 of a cup to a cup for each balloon)
- Funnel (or a water bottle)
- Pen or pencil
- Sharpie Marker
How to Make Stress Balloons
- Stretch out balloon (or inflate it to stretch it out).
- Put funnel in mouth of balloon.
- Fill balloon with flour (2-3 inches deep) using the funnel. Go slow, and push flower through funnel with a pen or pencil if needed.
- Tie balloon shut once filled with flour.
- Clip off any excess balloon material after tying.
- Draw different emotion faces on the balloons.