Should You Give Kids Rewards for Good Behavior? (Weekend Reading)
Linda Ranson Jacobs is a good friend. She has been a mentor and you’ll find many of her articles and insights here on Hope 4 Hurting Kids. One of the positions she holds very strongly that gets an awful lot of feedback is that rewards based behavior system do not work. She has written a couple of articles about it on her blog at DC4K:
Questions for Further Reflection and Discussion
- Do you use rewards based systems in your ministry? In your home?
- What has been your experience?
- Do you agree or disagree with the assessment that rewards based systems do not work?
- What do see as the advantages of rewards based systems?
- What do you see as the disadvantages?
- Have you ever used the celebrations Linda suggests in the article?