Pinterest and Hope 4 Hurting Kids
There’s a new way to get help here on Hope 4 Hurting Kids. This past weekend, we launched our presence and efforts to accumulate useful information on Pinterest. If you’re on Pinterest, you know that it can be a wealth of information. Unfortunately, sometimes it is so much information that it’s hard to find exactly what you’re looking for. Our goal here at Hope 4 Hurting Kids is to draw your attention to information and resource to help young people who are hurting because of the events and circumstances in their lives. We will continue to do that here on this blog, but Pinterest gives us an opportunity and ability to share more information in a more immediate way.
On our Pinterest site, you will find boards (a collection of pins/links to useful information and resources) in the following categories:
- Resources for Hurting Kids
- Abuse and Neglect
- Divorce and Family Disruption
- Emotions – General
- Emotions – Anger
- Emotions – Anxiety and Fear
- Emotions – Depression
- Emotions – Grief
- Emotions – Stress
- Group Activities
- Incarcerated Parents
- Modern Families – Coparenting
- Modern Families – Single Parent Families
- Modern Families – Step/Blended Families
- Poverty / Financial Issues
- Self-Harm / Cutting
- Stories from the Front Lines
- Dealing with Tragedy
We will also be adding additional boards as we see the need. Make sure to head over Pinterest and check us out. If you are a Pinterest user, and you’d like to be able to post to our boards, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be added as a contributor (please indicate which boards you would like to be able to post to).
* NOTE: We pin things to pinterest based on the title and short description given by other Pinterest users. From time to time you might find something that you feel shouldn’t be included in the board it is posted to or which is inconsistent with the views of Hope 4 Hurting Kids. In those cases, we ask that you let us know about the pin so that we can further review it and take appropriate action.