Many times when one reads articles or post about kids of divorce, we read about hurting children. However, we have hundreds of children in our churches that are healing from the devastation of divorce. These are kids whose parents have kept them in church. Have you considered allowing children of divorce to disciple and minister to other hurting kids?
These are also the children that been through DC4K, Divorce Care for Kids. These are the kids that are back on their feet. They have crossed the victory line so to speak. While they will always have to deal with the divorce and living in two homes, they have learned how to accomplish this surmounting task with dignity and with the help of a heavenly Father.
These are the kids that can minister to almost any kid in your Sunday morning class or other group situations at your church.
- These kids know what it’s like to hurt, to be sad and how to get through some rough times.
- They know what anger and rage feel like and how to process their feelings so they don’t hurt so much anymore.
- They can befriend the child that is being abused. You will have many that have experienced it themselves, although you may never know it. But they will recognize others who are in the same situation.
- They can ease the transition of a new child to the area and to your church.
- These are the kids we need to call on to pray for other children.
- If asked they can befriend a new comer.