We are excited here at Hope 4 Hurting Kids today to announce the official launch of our Chat Rooms for helping kids and teens to deal with difficult issues and emotions.
At Hope 4 Hurting Kids, we exist to help two distinct groups of people:
- Young people who are experiencing hurt, pain and adversity; and
- Adults who work with and love those kids (this includes parents, teachers, children’s and youth ministry workers, coaches, grandparents, friends and anyone else who cares for these kids and wants to help).
These chat rooms are our attempt to offer hurting kids a vehicles for talking to others about the issues they are facing, finding others who are in similar circumstances and getting help from caring adults. To that end, we have introduced chat rooms covering the following categories:
- Abuse & Neglect
- Anxiety & Fear
- Coping Skills
- Cutting & Self-Harm
- Depression & Sadness
- Divorce & Modern Families
- Domestic Violence
- Eating Disorders & Body Image
- Emotions (General)
- Foster & Adoptive Families
- Parent & Family Issues
- Sexual Abuse & Rape
- Substance Abuse (Drugs & Alcohol)
- Just Need to Talk
As word spreads and these chat rooms grow more popular, we hope that a community of hope and support will form surrounding these rooms. Additionally, while the rooms are not monitored 24/7, we do check them frequently. So, if no one’s around feel free to leave a question or comment and someone will get back to you in the room.