The Emotions Spoon Race is a fun and active way to help kids to better understand their emotions. It combines all the fun a traditional egg on spoons relay race with an improved emotional vocabulary and awareness. Make sure to check out our video from the first time we played this game at the bottom of this post.
What You’ll Need for the Emotions Spoon Race
- A package of ping-pong balls. We actually used balls which don’t officially qualify as ping-pong balls. They’re a lot cheaper and actually easier to write on. We used white ping-pong balls this time, but I also bought a package of colored ones.
- A bucket or container for the ping-pong balls.
- A listing of emotion words. We selected 68 words to include. A listing of those words is can be found here.
- A fine tip marker to write on the balls.
- Hula Hoops, buckets or something else to collect the balls the racers carry.
- A copy of our Super Simple Feelings Management Technique Activity Cards.