Feelings pong is a fun game to play and easy to set up – all you need is a table some cups and ping-pong ball. It is another great activity to use with the Super Simple Feelings Management Technique to help kids and teens to better understand and deal with the emotions they face.
Here’s what you need:
- Plastic cups (9, 13, 18 or 24 cups work best for a pyramid). We used multi-colored cups so each color represented a group of emotions but that isn’t necessary for the game.
- Ping-Pong balls.
- Permanent Marker.
Here’s how it works.
- Write the names of different emotions on the bottom of each cup.
- Set up the cups (right-side-up) on one end of a table in a pyramid shape.
- Have the player stand at the other end of the table.
- Try to bounce the ping-pong balls into one of the cups.
- When the ball lands in one of the cups, turn it over see what emotion it is.
- Have the child act out the emotion or talk about a time they experienced it.
I enjoy demonstrating Feelings Pong when I speak at conferences because you get to see which of the attendees is “a little too good” 🙂 at it!
For more awesome resources for learning about and dealing with emotions, please visit our Hope 4 Hurting Kids Emotions Help Center.