H4HK Chat Room
Here at Hope 4 Hurting Kids, we are excited to offer this chat room to discuss different situations you may be going through and get responses from people who can relate and from experts in the fields. This chat room is also designed for people who are worried about someone in their lives and looking for help. Whether you are dealing with difficult emotions, family disruption, abuse or neglect, grief, domestic violence, suicidal thoughts, eating disorders, self-harm or any other issue, this chat room exists to help you.
While these chat rooms are not monitored 24/7, we do check them frequently, so feel free to leave your question or comment even if no one else is around. We will get back to you. If you would like a more personal one-on-one experience with a coach/mentor from Hope 4 Hurting Kids, please consider using our Ask Us feature at http://hope4hurtingkids.com/ask-us/. When you fill out the online form, your question/comment is forwarded directly to one of our coaches (depending on the category you select) is immediately notified and will respond directly back to you.
If you see anything objectionable in the chat above, please let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chat Room Rules
Due to the nature of the issues being discussed in these chat rooms, some have specific rules which are listed on the individual page. By your use of any of the chat rooms at Hope 4 Hurting Kids, you explicitly agree to the following rules for all chat rooms:
- Feel free to share whatever is bothering you (or the person you are worried about) in as much or as little detail as is comfortable. The more information you are able to provide, the more likely someone will be able to help.
- Please do not share full names where other people are involved and consider (for purposes of privacy) whether it makes sense to change names to protect people.
- Be kind to one another.
- Show grace to one another. These rooms are about hope and healing. While disagreements may happen, these rooms are not intended for fighting or nastiness. If you disagree with someone, focus on what you would do or say differently – not what is wrong about the other person or their opinion.
- Do not encourage others to engage reckless, destructive, illegal, harmful or questionable activities.
- Bullying and abuse will NOT be tolerated.
- We understand that trauma and pain are frequently expressed in language that some might consider inappropriate. While we do not ask that you censor your feelings or your words, we would remind you that others will be viewing these forums and engaging in these chats who may not appreciate strong language. Please use common sense and avoid gratuitous language.
- Respect other people’s opinions, experiences and worldviews. Do not belittle, denigrate or shame anyone for information shared in the chat room,
- This chat room covers sensitive topics. Please refrain from saying or do anything to encourage anyone from further engaging in, or being subject to any other harmful behavior.
- By use of this chat room, you implicitly agree that you will not encourage anyone met in a chat room to speak with, correspond with or meet with you outside the confines of the chat room. This intended to protect the users of our chat rooms.
- While we respect and allow for confidentiality, we ask that you be as truthful as you are able in sharing who you are and what you are experiencing. Anyone found falsely representing themselves to be someone they are not will be removed from all chat rooms.
Anyone failing to abide by these basic rules will be blocked from further chats.
Here are the rooms that are currently available:
- Abuse & Neglect
- Anxiety & Fear
- Coping Skills
- Cutting & Self-Harm
- Depression & Sadness
- Divorce & Modern Families
- Domestic Violence
- Eating Disorders & Body Image
- Emotions (General)
- Foster & Adoptive Families
- Parent & Family Issues
- Sexual Abuse & Rape
- Substance Abuse (Drugs & Alcohol)
- Just Need to Talk